Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Juice is better..."

The GREAT SWEET CUT-OUT OF 2011 continues...

Today, my first battle with a REALLY low blood sugar. Took my pill in the a.m. Had breakfast (two eggs w/ some broccoli and cauliflower chopped in, and a piece of whole wheat toast), then got ready...we were planning a shopping excursion to Burbank. Getting ready to leave...

And I don't feel so well.

Dropped off Netflix @ our mailbox, waited for the other half to bring the car down (we're on the 4th story parking level). Get in the car...

I better check my blood sugar.

73. Per research and warnings, below 50 could mean an irreversible coma.

My level was 151 upon waking up. Wow!

My only thought is that I slept two adt'l hours (til 10am)...when I've been getting up @ 8am all week. When the doctor said you must follow a schedule, I guess this is what he meant.

So, I scarfed down some almonds I had in my purse, and upon arrival @ IKEA, had some juice. All the while the other half and I were quoting STEEL MAGNOLIAS. My favorite of the morning, "Don't talk about me like I'm not here", said through some muffled, diabetic attack Julia Roberts lips...

It was a little unnerving...the general feeling of light-headedness, the uncontrolled shaking in my hands (only minor, but UNCONTROLLED)...and the cotton mouth as if I'd just run 5 miles. How irritating.

But now it seems I must carry some little juice boxes w/ me. As well as other small snacky items (in addition to the almonds).

I think I've done pretty well w/ all of this new diet stuff. We went on a product-finding mission to Ralph's today for no-sugar, diabetic sweets. We found some toaster waffles and sugar-free syrup, some super low-carb ice cream sweetened w/ Splenda (don't worry, I was served some of this while in the hospital--as long as I don't overdo it like I used to, this should be okay!) and some Cranberry juice LITE ("juice is better").

So until about 5pm; when dinnertime rolled around, I had a nice nagging headache, I'm assuming due to the blood drop earlier in the day.

But all was not lost on this "JUICE DISCOVERY DAY". I got a fabulous new pair of shoes, some new work-shirts and a book about farts. You know what? Go judge yourself! ;)

This is klugula...telling you to "watch your sugars, smarty-pants!"

No comments:

Post a Comment